Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Preface


PREFACE
Pools of salty water on my clothes growing larger and larger from the rain falling from the hazel balls in my head. Rosy red cheeks and a burning pain in my chest that fails to disappear no matter how much effort I put into making it stop, all from the single phone call that changed my life forever. You wouldn't think that one phone call could change a life so drastically, but this was no ordinary phone call… This phone call was the end of my life as I knew it. The love of my life had just been pronounced dead.
My first though was that it was all some type of joke. How could someone who was completely alive and happy just days earlier suddenly be gone? I was in denial until four days later when I walked into the stale smelling room full of people and saw the pale white corpse with blue decaying bruises lay there. The first moment I laid my eyes on the still, white as ghost body in the brown wooden box is a picture perfect memory that still haunts my mind to this day.
I will never forget the feeling that overcame my body as the tears from my eyes fell onto the face of the one I loved. The feeling I had while sitting on the floor in the middle of the room full of people watching the TV screen with pictures playing in unison to the songs we listened to together in the months before. Sitting crumpled up as if my life was over.
Just days earlier that lifeless body I had looked at was full of energy as we laughed together; it was the one person who could touch me so gently that I could cry. It was the person who made me wish that our nights together were endless. I would now give it all to not have to sleep alone at night. He wasn’t the only one who died that cold November day; the old, happy person that I was died with him.

Murdered young love and drug addiction is now the only life I know. Finding that one person who can make you smile, laugh, and cry all at the same time is the best feeling you can ever experience. Losing them and wondering if you will ever see them again is the worst.

No comments: